- For relief of occasional constipation
- Ready-to-use & latex free
- Soft flexible comfortip & easy squeeze
2 Bottles – 4.5 Fl Oz (133 mL) Each
Ready-to-Use Saline Laxative
- #1 Doctor recommended
- Latex Free
- Soft, Flexible Comfortip®
- Easy Squeeze®
- Clinically proven to be both safe and effective
Protective shield prevents contamination. Pre-lubricated Comfortip® for easy of insertion. One-way safety valve controls flow and prevents reflux. Easy squeeze bottle.
*Based on the results of use of the product by regular 4.5 fl. oz. enema users.
How to use:
- Remove orange protective shield from enema Comfortip® before inserting.
- With steady pressure, gently insert enema tip into rectum with a slight side-to-side movement, with tip pointing toward navel. Insertion may be easier if person receiving enema bears down, as if having a bowel movement. This helps relax the muscles around the anus.
- Do not force the enema tip into rectum as this can cause injury.
- Squeeze bottle until nearly all liquid is gone. It is not necessary to empty the bottle completely, as it contains more liquid than needed.
- Remove Comfortip® from rectum and maintain position until urge to evacuate is strong (usually 2 to 5 minutes)
Positions for using this enema: Left-side position: Lie on left side with knee bent, and arms resting comfortably. Knee-chest position: Kneel, then lower head and chest forward until left side of face is resting on surface with left arm folded comfortably.
Single daily dosage: Do not use more unless directed by a doctor.
- Adults and children 12 years and over – one bottle
- Children 2 to 11 years – use Fleet® Enema for Children
- Children under 2 years – Do not use
- each 118-ml delivered dose contains:
- sodium 4.4g
- this product generally produces a bowel movement in 1-5 minutes
Carton sealed for safety. If seal with Fleet emblem on top or bottom flap is broken or missing, do not use.
©C.B. Fleet Company, Inc
Fleet® Enemas are Latex Free. Allergic reaction to materials containing Latex is a growing and serious medical problem.
For rectal use only. Dosage warning: Using more than one enema in 24 hours can be harmful.
Ask a doctor before using this product if you: are on a sodium-restricted diet, have a kidney disease, or are pregnant or nursing a baby Ask a doctor before using any laxative if you have: abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting, a sudden change in bowel habit lasting more than 2 weeks or already used a laxative for more than 1 week Stop use and ask a doctor if you have: rectal bleeding or no bowel movement after the enema is given. These symptoms may indicate a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Professional Use Warnings
Do not use in patients with megacolon, gastrointestinal obstruction, imperforate anus, or congestive heart failure. Use with caution in patients with impaired renal function, pre-existing electrolyte disturbances, or a colostomy, or in patients on diuretics or other medications that may affect electrolyte levels. Hypocalcemia, hyperphosphatemia, hypernatremia, hypokalemia or acidosis may occur.
For relief of occasional constipation or bowel cleansing before rectal examinations.