- Treats head lice
- Safe for over 2 months of age
- Family pack
- Kills lice & eggs in one application
- Prevents re-infestation*
- Maximum strength
Family pack. Safe for use on children over 2 months old. #1 pediatrician recommended brand.
*For up to 14 days.
Call 1-888-LICE LINE (1-888-542-3546), Monday to Friday, 9 AM-5PM EST.
Limited consumer warranty. If you are not satisfied with Nix, we will refund your purchase price. Send cash register receipt, original UPC code, and reason for dissatisfaction to: Insight Pharmaceuticals Corp., 1170 Wheeler Way, Suite 150, Langhorne, PA 19047-1749 Inspect
- All household members should be checked by another person for lice and/or nits (eggs)
- Use a magnifying glass in bright light to help you see the lice and nits (eggs)
- Use a tool, such as a comb or two unsharpened pencils to lift and part the hair
- Look for tiny nits near the scalp, beginning at the back of the neck and behind the ears
- Small sections of hair (1-2 inches wide) should be examined at a time
- Unlike dandruff, nits stick to the hair. Dandruff should move when lightly touched
- If either lice or nits (egg) are found, treat with Nix Creme rinse
- Wash hair with a shampoo without conditioner. Do not use a shampoo that contains a conditioner or a conditioner alone since this may decrease the activity of Nix. Rinse with water
- Towel dry hair so it is damp but not wet
- Shake the bottle of Nix well
- Completely saturate the hair and scalp with Nix. Begin to apply Nix behind the ears and at the back of the neck
- Keep Nix out of the eyes. Protect the eyes with a washcloth or towel
- Leave Nix on the hair for 10 minutes, but no longer
- Rinse with warm water
- Towel dry hair and comb out tangles
- If live lice are seen seven days or more after the first treatment, a second treatment should be given
- Remove nits by combing the hair with the special small tooth comb provided. Remaining nits may be removed by hand (using a throw-away glove), or cutting the nits out
- Use the nit comb provided and make sure the hair remains slightly damp while removing nits
- If the hair dries during combing, dampen it slightly with water
- Part the hair into 4 sections. Work on one section at a time. Longer hair may take more time (1-2 hours)
- Start at the top of the head on the section you have picked
- With one hand, lift a 1-2 inch wide strand of hair. Get the teeth of the comb as close to the scalp as possible and comb with a firm, even motion away from the scalp to the end of the hair
- Use clips to pin back each strand of hair after you have combed out the nits
- Clean the comb completely as you go. Wipe the nits from the comb with a tissue and throw away the tissue in a sealed plastic bag to prevent the lice from coming back
- After combing, recheck the entire head for nits and repeat combing if necessary
- Check the affected head daily to remove any nits that you might have missed
- Read all the directions in the consumer information insert and warnings before use. Keep the carton. It contains important information
- Store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
© 2013 Insight Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Creme Rinse:For external use only. Do not use on children under 2 months of age; near the eyes, inside the nose, ear, mouth, or vagina; on lice in eyebrows or eyelashes.Ask a doctor before use if you are allergic to ragweed. May cause breathing difficulty or an asthmatic episode.When using this product keep eyes tightly closed and protect eyes with a washcloth or towel. If product gets into the eyes, immediately flush with large amounts of water. Scalp itching or redness may occur.Stop use and ask a doctor if breathing difficulty occurs, eye irritation occurs, skin or scalp irritation continues or infection occurs.If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. .
Treats head lice.