- For urushiol induced contact dermatitis
- Relieves itching within 30 seconds
- Rash subsides within hours
Completely Washes Away Poison Ivy, Oak & Sumac (Urushiol) From the Skin In…30 Seconds
Zanfel™ is a safe and effective wash for urushiol-induced contact dermatitis. Urushiol is the toxin known to cause the itching and rash associated with poison ivy, oak, sumac, poisonwood, and related plants. Zanfel works by surrounding urushiol and bonding with it, thereby enabling it to be rinsed away. Unlike some products that require use within 10-20 minutes of contact or that require continued use until the rash is gone (which can take up to 5 weeks), Zanfel offers relief at any stage of the reaction and often with only one wash. Individuals with particularly severe reactions may require additional washes. Most individuals experience relief from the itching within 30 seconds of application. The rash will begin to subside within hours if the reaction is mild to moderate.
Safe to use during pregnancy. Safe for children. Safe for the face and genitals.
There are no known side effects.
For more information, visit www .zanfel.com or call 1-800-401-4002.
The following directions are for an area the size of an adult hand or face. For best results, use in a shower or sink where it is easy to thoroughly rinse off the product.
- Wet the affected area
- Squeeze 1 and 1/2 inches (no less, see ruler on package) onto one palm. Product will not work if less than 1 and 1/2 inches is used
- Wet and rub both hands together for 10 seconds, working the product into a paste. (This will activate the ingredients. Do not bypass or modify this step)
- Rub both hands (up to 3 minutes, if needed) on the affected area working wash into the skin until there is no sign of itching (15 seconds is typical for mild to moderate reactions)
- Rinse area thoroughly. If the itch returns (which could be several hours later), rewash, following steps 1 through 5 and read the Q&A insert found in the package
© 1999-2013 Zanfel Laboratories, Inc.
Water, Polyethylene, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Carbomer, 26-(Nonylphenoxy)-3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24-Octaoxohexacosan-1-ol, C12-15 Pareth-9, Disodium EDTA, Quaternium-15
Severe reactions (that typically look like thick leathery burns) will probably require additional washings. If symptoms persist, reread the Q&A insert and see a healthcare provider.
- Do not take this product internally
- Avoid contact with the eye
Not recommended for use with rashes not caused by urushiol. .